Well here it is. My layout using the CTMH convention 2012 postcard. Between making this layout and a CTMH unit meeting yesterday I am super excited and counting down the days to convention.
Polish Your Boots Layout
- I used a sheet of daisy white cs for the backing
- cut 1 pc sunset dot B&T (from "Dotty For You") to 6x12 and 1 pc of the blue print from "Stella"
- I had to scan and print the backside of the postcard so that I was able to use both sides. I ended up cutting off the outside (lagoon) edge of the postcard and using glitz gel on the white part to make it pop better
- the squares in the top right corner are 2 1/2 inches each. I downloaded all three logos from a google image search and changed them from their original colors to the brownish/orange in Microsoft Word.
- Both the Texas and the boots are WPC files that I cut from my Pazzles. Dallas is marked with a sunset button brad topped with a tiny lagoon star
- The boots, the squares & the straps are both heavily distressed cardstock that has been sanded & inked to resemble "leather" . I backed the boots with lagoon cs. For the straps on the spurs I cut thin strips of the same "leather" paper and crumpled it SEVERAL times, then I inked it in black after flattening it out . I used tiny silver jump rings from the jewelry department to connect the straps. The spurs are the ONLY thing I would change on this layout. I punched a starburst from a piece of silver "not shiny" paper that I have had in my stash for many, many years....If I happen to run across a small, silver, metal object that looks like a spur I WILL change them out.
So, What do you think? Is this layout "Free Stamp Set" worthy?